As an MBA aspirant choosing one among a plethora of MBA courses is the toughest decision. The confusion is often enhanced by considerations of the scope of jobs in a particular domain, growth ladder and packages among many.
To reduce the anxiety associated with the decision making for an appropriate specialization, we bring you a comprehensive list of 10 MBA specializations being offered by, the best MBA colleges in India
Why choosing a specialization is crucial
Choosing a specialization is mandatory and critical for various reasons:
Often in campus hiring, students are shortlisted on basis of their specialized skills and not just their general management skills. For profiles related to Supply Chain Management, Consulting, Information Technology, Analytics and many more, recruiters first consider the subject expertise of the potential candidate. Only once the subject knowledge and decision making skills of candidates are tested, the company decides if the candidate fits the profile.
Therefore, it becomes imperative for an MBA aspirant to analyse the market demand of a certain specialization and matching it with ones skill-set. We recommend you to assess your career goals and professional development before choosing a specialization.
Here are 10 MBA specializations being offered at top MBA colleges in India:
1. MBA in Supply Chain Management: The Indian logistics industry provides employment to over 22 million people and has grown at a compound annual growth rate(CAGR) of 7.8 percent during the last five years, thereby contributing to this unique course offering. The specialization involves transportation, material management, warehouse and inventory management, facility management, fleet operations etc., This specialization can be pursued by graduates of any background.
2. MBA in International Business: The onset of LPG policies has led to an increasingly interconnected world, this specialization therefore aims at developing insights in the organizational capacity for international operations, while covering functional areas like export import management, foreign exchange management, international marketing and international logistics this course opens a great avenue of both, domestic and international opportunities, extending your chances to travel and develop cross cultural perspective.
3. MBA in Human Resource Management:Involves labour markets, workforce diversity management, mergers and acquisitions, training and development, negotiation, recruitment, talent management, reward management. An MBA in Human Resources from a Tier I/ Tier II B-school can land you a job anywhere in the middle or upper middle strata of management hierarchy clearing your path towards success. Graduate in any stream can pursue MBA in Human Resource
4. MBA in Marketing: This course offers a lucrative, dynamic, competitive and challenging career to its aspirants. Spread to cover consumer buying behavior, business buying behavior, advertising, media planning, social premier marketing, digital marketing, inbound marketing, SEO and SEM among many, the department forms the backbone of any institution/organization.
5. MBA in Finance:Involves Budgeting, costing, financial management, Capital management, derivatives while offering highly paying jobs in financial analytics, Stock exchange, Mutual funds, Insurance market and Banking sector to skilled experts.
6.MBA in Business Analytics: Data is evolving and enlarging at never before thought of pace, with the advent of Big Data, the shopping, lifestyle, financial experiences of an average consumer has been exponentially changing. The course involves programming languages, artificial learning, machine learning, predictive modeling and descriptive modeling etc,
7. MBA in Operations Management: Involves production systems, quality management, shop floor management, vendor relationships. Candidates with engineering degrees may opt in for this course; due to their early induction to the modalities they may gain edge in terms of process optimization, product designing and development. However, a graduate from any stream can purse MBA in Operations Management.
8. MBA in Rural Management: Rural markets and organizations hold immense growth potential. Offered to fulfill the over blown demand of managers skilled in various fields with a focus on rural business, this unique course is being offered to cover the widening gap between industries and rural markets. Besides a number of jobs available in corporate, big and small, the career options are not limited to private sector, they also have a huge public opening to it, including, Government of India’s rural development initiatives, NGO’s and extensive research opportunities on rural areas
9. MBA in Agri Business Management: Includes marketing, finance and management focusing on tailored requirements of the agribusiness sector for processing and merchandising agricultural products for consumers
10.MBA in Information technology:Involves management information systems, database management, systems design and analysis, cyber security. IT graduates play an important role in the planning, designing, selection, implementation and evaluation of emerging technologies in terms of information and communication. Anybody holding a graduation degree in IT or any related area, may pursue an MBA in IT for achieving desired career advancements in the concerned field.
Along with the subject specializations mentioned above, best MBA colleges in Delhi provide industry integration in the form of visits, live projects, internships and On-the-job trainings in the core areas as per candidates selection, many among the top 10 MBA colleges in India are housed in near proximity to cities and metropolitans, aiming at providing not just a wonderful learning experience, but also, great opportunities at exposure and recreation for a holistic development of the aspirant. Lloyd Business School offers competitive and highly industry integrated courses in the fields of Supply Chain Management, Human Resource Management, and Business Analytics alongside offering other core specializations.